“Zoomers on the Go” : This is the first weekend of a two weekend course.
NOTE: Due to the upcoming weather in the Moncton area the dates of this course has been changed.
– No prior skills or courses necessary.
– Apply for the course (see bottom of page for contact information)
– Take part in an interview with the course administrator.
“Zoomers on the Go” was created in the Greater Saint John area and has been a thriving program since 2009. The purpose is to reduce the risk of falling for seniors by increasing balance and physical strength. The classes are offered free of charge in NB Community Centers to older adults (50+ years of age).
Zoomers on the Go leaders are a vital component for the success of this program. We are looking for prospective leaders (also 50+ years of age) who are willing to complete the training and volunteer their time to teach two classes each week in a New Brunswick location close to them.
– Receive free training for the “Zoomers on the Go” Fitness NB certification.
– Learn how to improve your mobility and reduce your risk of falling.
– Become part of the Horizon Health Community Volunteer Network.
You are eligible if:
– You are 50 years of age or older.
– You can exercise independently
– You can commit to volunteering your time to lead a 12 week exercise program (2 sessions per week).
Current certified Group Fitness leaders may apply.
Course information: This is the first weekend of a two weekend course. Weekend 1: February 22 – 23, Weekend 2: February 29 and March 1
Course Conductors: Shelley Swift and Nathalie Hebert-Paul
Times: 9:00 am to 4:30 pm
Location: Moncton, NB (Location TBA)
Materials: Course manual (provided).
Costs: Course is FREE!
Certification requirements: 100% attendance at course, completion of an open book exam at the end of the course, post-course practical skills mentoring and a final practical skills class evaluation.
Maintaining Certification: Annual education provided to update your skills and knowledge, on-going practical skills evaluations.
Application deadline: Thursday February 6, 2020
To apply for future courses:
call UNB CELLab at 506-458-7034