WELCOME TO FITNESS NEW BRUNSWICK
A112A L.B. Gym, 2 Peter Kelly Drive, University of New Brunswick, PO Box 4400, Fredericton, NB E3B 5A3
T: (506) 453-1094 F: (506) 453-1099
Like and Join us on Facebook!
Fitness New Brunswick Coronavirus Update: June 16, 2020
Now that we are into the Re-opening Phase Yellow remember there are separate stages within this phase.
Some key points to keep in mind:
- Fitness Leaders and Personal Trainers will need to observe the directives and advice contained in the Mandatory Order and provided by the Chief Medical Officer of Health and WorkSafe NB. See links below for information.
- The onus will be on Facilities/clubs to modify their programming as needed in order to create low-contact environments
- The responsibility will be on Facilities/clubs to ensure they have operational plans in place that outline how they will manage the safe operation of their offices and programs (including but not limited to physical distancing, cleaning and disinfecting, hand and respiratory hygiene, screening). Note: If as a Fitness Leader/Personal Trainer you are renting a space for your classes or clients you are responsible to follow the directives of the facility you are using and also to have your own operational plan for the space that you rent.
- Operational plans will not be reviewed or approved by Public Health or WorkSafe NB, but will need to be readily available upon request of the proper authorities.
Where can I find:
The most recent information on GNB Covid-19 response? www.gnb.ca/coronavirus and Frequently Asked Questions
The Covid-19 operational Plan Guide
Guidance document of General Public Health Measures During Covid-19 recovery
Guidelines for the Workplaces? Embracing the new normal as we safely return to work.
Covid-19 Operational plan Template: A template is available on page 16 of the WorkSafe NB “Embracing the new Normal” document.
Risk Assessment examples: Risk Assessment Guideline Health Canada
HUB INSURANCE UPDATE
HUB insurance has been working tirelessly with our insurer, Markel, to develop a reasonable extension for NFLA Fitness Leaders to deliver online training during this pandemic. We thank you for your patience. Please carefully review all of the HUB insurance updates
For your training/classes make sure that you:
- Have all of your participants fill out a Par-Q+, a waiver and consent form.
- Take accurate attendance and keep this information available for participant tracking purposes if requested.
- Follow the Provincial guidelines for Covid-19 which includes taking all of the necessary safety precautions and screening for diseases.
The health and wellbeing of individuals and communities is at the center of what we do.
FNB believes it is essential to take measures that reduce the potential spread of this virus.
The FNB office is currently closed until further notice. As our office is located on the UNB campus we are bound by their directive.
MEMBERSHIP RENEWAL: Things are starting to get up and running. If you are back teaching classes or training clients and have not renewed your membership, please send your information to email@example.com . There will be no late fees applied.
CPR/FIRST AID (FA) CERTIFICATION RENEWAL
If you have a CPR or First Aid certificate that is out of date we are extending this component until you are able to access a course.
For more information please view the following links.
KCM in Fredericton and St. John Ambulance are now offering on site CPR and Blended First Aid courses.
The Lifesaving Society is extending the validity of their certificates until September 3, 2020.
Note: FNB recognizes on site CPR and blended First Aid. On line CPR is not accepted.
Please follow the Health Canada directives or contact your local facility for up-to-date and accurate information on how they are proceeding.
As the situation surrounding COVID-19 rapidly changes, we will continue to adjust our approach as needed.
To stay informed, refer to FNB’s website and Facebook page regularly for updates.
We care deeply about the impact the current COVID-19 crisis is having on the fitness community.
We know that you will find creative ways to continue to stay mentally and physically healthy.
On behalf of the Fitness NB office staff and Board of Directors
Thank you for your understanding. Stay well.
Executive Director/Directrice exécutive
- Fall courses: At this time we do not know when we will be able to resume on site courses. In the meantime we are working towards developing on-line formats that will allow people to work towards their certifications.
- FNB Annual Summit: While we are not able to offer an onsite conference this year, we are partnering with NSFA to bring you an Atlantic Canada Virtual Fitness Leadership Wellness Summit in the late fall. Please stay tuned for updates.
We are here to meet all of your fitness needs!
- Are you new to exercise? Check out our Get Fit Section.
- Are you interested in the latest fitness news and trends?
- Want to become a FNB member?
Congratulations Jason Hadland
the 2019 FNB Gina Simpson Award Recipient!
For more information, CLICK HERE
FNB Members check the MEMBERS LOGIN page for:
- Your FNB Members E-News with articles for CEC/PDCs.
- Your certification information and status for membership renewal.
- Up to date employment opportunities.